Stolen myPOS™ device
Once myPOS™ device is activated by you, it is permanently linked to your myPOS™ e-money account. Even if the device is stolen or lost, any payment transaction made through it will be credit to your account. In case your device is lost or stolen, please inform us immediately by contacting the Support center at:
At Satabank we do everything in our power to minimise fraud. Along with the ensured transactional security of your myPOS™ device, we are using a fraud monitoring system for real time check of all payments. Satabank may also provide you and your staff with the latest information on processing all types of card transactions.
As a merchant, accepting card payments, it is important to:
- Check whether the card has not expired.
- Check the card security features to make sure the card is valid and has not been visible altered in any way.
- Compare the first four digits of the card account number on the card front with the four digits printed below the card account number, to ensure the same digits appear in the same sequence.
- Compare the four-digit truncated card account number imprinted in the signature panel with the last four digits of the account number on the front of the card.
- Verify that the cardholder's signature is on the back of the card.
As an additional security measure, you can check the cardholder's ID to see that it matches the name on the card.
If you have any questions regarding the best practices and procedures of accepting credit and debit cards, please contact our Support team at: